POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can this be done? :) sor-lathe type question : Re: Can this be done? :) sor-lathe type question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can this be done? :) sor-lathe type question
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 11 Sep 2000 21:42:33
Message: <39BD88B9.A8295B7D@online.no>
Todd Taylor wrote:

> ... What I have done so far is to use the prism and revolve it.
> What I have to ask now is this:  Is there a way to use 80 of
> these and union them together (so there are no artifacts
> - I want it to look like a smooth surface like an sor object).

I'm wondering what you mean by this.

Does your bowl like object look anything like
the vase I just posted to povray.binaries.images ?

In that image I have used 5 lathes segments to join
the 5 prism parts smoothly.
(A macro takes care of all the needed calculations.)

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html